Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Mary

Thank you for inviting me here,
Everything looks lovely.
Your parents are the best, dear
Life is so grand.

This meat is to tasty, so tender.
Must not have more than three bites though.
I'll have a few more green beans,
No, I really am quite full.

Excuse me for a moment,
Be back in a second.
I need to be alone for a while.
Pardon me.
The mirror is stained and my vision is blurry
And my old friend greets me again.
Staring back into the eyes of an angel
who's fallen, fallen again.

I wish I were a princess,
So fair and so thin.
Instead of feeling feeble from
Losing weight again.
Why am I doing this to myself
What am I doing this for
Why do I do this to myself
Who am I doing this for

I wish I were prettier
I wish I were thinner
Time to dry my eyes now,
my food's getting cold.





4 comments:

Catherine said...

Your poems are very dark, but I believe truthful (even the one about lies). Thanks for your comments on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Our truth is the only true poetry, and yours is very deep and nourishing. As a recovering addict, your poetry whispers to me in ways I find both frightening and compelling. In my prayers today, I will send you love, compassion and gentleness.

Anonymous said...

GTS - I tried to e-mail you at the e-mail address linked to your blog. It didn't work. Do you have another address you can share with me? You can reach me at dennistkon@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

i love your writings. great stuff.

eric@filthmag.net