Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Clarity

Is your pain truly real,
When you only lied to yourself?
With baited breath and slim guarantees,
You’ve only assured your loneliness.

Is it the solitude where you confide?
Do your demons lend a kind ear?
Somewhere in the void that is your passion,
Lies a place where the truth still hurts.

Do you see the blood stains on your dress?
Are your emotions too hard to impress,
…upon yourself.

Dreams,
Are only made for fools,
Who believe the lies they tell themselves,
When nothing else will suffice.

Where is your redemption?
Is it underneath your bed?
Can you explain the memories,
Of visions not yet corrupted?

Can you wash the blood stains from your dress?
Is the truth that hard to suppress,
…within you

Your redemption has left you,
In the place that you are safest.
As you corrupt the memories.
you havent developed yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the word redemption. Did you start this blog today? Very creative idea. Have you switched from music to writing? What does the dress symbolize?

Anonymous said...

It is strange that I stumbled upon your "clarity" today. I have lived these words. Over the course of the past three days, I have shuffled through dark closets in seek of my redemption. I have found torn, scraps of faded truth, of what I used to be. One tattered shoe box on the very top shelf is all that I have left of me. The only thing I can bring myself to do is wash my dress until the stains dissappear. Leaning over the bucket of my tears, I am gratified by sadness. Thank you for knowing such pain.

GTS said...

Inspiration:

This is based on my speculations of an ex of mine. What is important to notice is the different emotions and tones exemplified in each stanza.

1. Bitterness
2. Empathy
3. Wonder
4. Pessimism
5. Taunting
6. Realization/Sadness/Pity
7. Closure

-GTS